Friday 31 October 2014

Feel Good Friday

A special Feel Good Friday today as one of our young members, Hannah (20, TGA and DIOLV) has written a brilliant blog post for LHM about what it's like having half a heart. (As part of our Handmade Hearts series, LHM’s young members talk about life with half a heart. To learn more about Handmade Hearts, click here.)


LHM trustee Hannah Palmer has written a blog post about how growing up with half a heart has made her who she is today.

"Being a part of Little Hearts Matter has made an amazing impact on my life. I’ve met some amazing people, who I’m pretty sure I’m going to be friends with for life, I’ve learnt a lot more about my heart than I learnt from the Doctors and they’ve given me so many amazing opportunities. Because of them, my Dad and I carried the Olympic Torch, I spoke in the Houses of Parliament and this March they, the members and people in charge, gave me the most amazing opportunity. They elected me to become a Trustee for the charity, the youngest and only member with a Heart Condition and I am going to make them all proud of me."

Click here to read it in full.

You can help LHM to continue supporting children and young adults with half a heart this October by making your very own #handmadehearts. For more info on how to get involved click hereMake, Bake, Sew and Sell for children with Handmade Hearts. To donate to LHM please text MADE14 followed by a £ and the amount to 70070.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share what you thought about this article, including any experience that you had...