Friday 28 November 2014

Feel Good Friday

A special Feel Good Friday today as one of our young members, Colbie-Kate (12, PA) has written a brilliant blog post for LHM about what it's like having half a heart. (As part of our Handmade Hearts series, LHM’s young members talk about life with half a heart. To learn more about Handmade Hearts, click here.)


Colbie-Kate has written a great blog about why young people with half a heart should celebrate who they are and be happy.

"Just recently I moved to secondary school where I had to get an electric wheelchair because the school's just so big. I never had to use a wheelchair in the past, so it was hard but I wanted a good education. Yeah, people were mean, but I told someone and it was sorted, and now I am in Secondary school and yeah, it’s strange, but it’s what’s going to help, and I’m proud of myself for giving in and using it, but now it feels normal. "

Click here to read it in full.

You can help LHM to continue supporting children and young adults with half a heart this October by making your very own #handmadehearts. For more info on how to get involved click hereMake, Bake, Sew and Sell for children with Handmade Hearts. To donate to LHM please text MADE14 followed by a £ and the amount to 70070.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share what you thought about this article, including any experience that you had...