Monday 29 September 2014

My Handmade Heart

As part of our Handmade Hearts series, LHM's young members talk about life with half a heart. To learn more about Handmade Hearts, click here.

Dillon (10, HLHS) talks about his journey with half a heart, and what he'd like to do when he grows up. 
image
"I sometimes get very frustrated with my heart condition, especially when it stops me doing things and it makes me tired. I get annoyed with having to have blood tests and people asking about my scars. But mostly I’m OK with having a special heart.
When I grow up as a job I would either like to be a Ski Instructor – because I enjoy Skiing and I’m really good at it, or a designer for Lego so I can invent new Lego sets and spend my days building Lego. I would also like to be an actor and would love to star in a Star Wars movie."

Click here to read it in full.

You can help LHM to continue supporting children and young adults with half a heart this October by making your very own #handmadehearts. For more info on how to get involved click hereMake, Bake, Sew and Sell for children with Handmade Hearts. To donate to LHM please text MADE14 followed by a £ and the amount to 70070.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share what you thought about this article, including any experience that you had...